In this role you will be responsible for troubleshooting, repair, calibration and testing of RF generators and RF matches used in high tech semiconductor equipment. Our engineering experts will provide on the job training locally as abroad as needed.
- Test and repair electronic assemblies to the component level; utilizing block diagrams and schematics
- Perform test equipment maintenance and upkeep
- Help other technicians in troubleshooting problems as able
- Develop skills and knowledge with testing and calibration of units.
- Comply with quality assurance policies and methodologies
- Support the team by recommending improvements in test processes and repair techniques
- Repair high complexity assemblies to component level
- Provide feedback to the team regarding product flow and work sequence
- Document improved test and/or repair techniques
- Monitor production processes and repair actions to decrease No Problem Found (NPF) and Could Not Duplicate (CND) issues
- Perform test equipment maintenance, up keep, and recommend improvements to repair process.
Odyssey is the world’s largest dedicated service and repair company focussing on dc, rf and microwave generators, matches and power supplies.
The candidate should be able to become proficient in repair techniques on electronic assemblies/subassemblies involving Matching Networks, RF Generators and DC Power Supplies.
- Demonstrate basic analytical skills
- Basic understanding of Test Measurement and Troubleshooting Techniques
- Ability to troubleshoot a complex system including the software and hardware.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective multitask skills and ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrates high attention to detail
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company
- Works with diverse groups
- Able to work overtime when needed
- Participates in a continuous improvement activity
- Demonstrate the ability to use a multi meter, power supply, and oscilloscope
- Become proficient in repair techniques on electronic assemblies/subassemblies involving Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s)
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and the ability to develop basic creative solutions
Qualifications / Education / Experience
Technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. IPC soldering certification desired but not mandatory.